Collections

1. Loading
Visible everywhere
author profile photo
Patrick Russo
patrick Patrick Russo
Review of published or informal reports of vaccine efficacy (with a 95% CI) in observational or in randomised studies (appendix pp 3–4) that gave results both for severe disease and for any infection. Plotted are inverse-variance-weighted means (and 95% CIs) of the reported vaccine efficacy (giving the number of studies contributing to that mean), subdivided by (A) Vaccine efficacy against any infection (50% to <80%, 80% to <90%, ≥90%). (B) Viral variant. (C) Type of vaccine (viral vector, inactivated SARS-CoV-2, adjuvanted protein subunit, or mRNA). (D) Studies reporting vaccine efficacy early (more recently relative to vaccination) or later (less recently relative to vaccination) during the follow-up of the same observational study.

2000 characters left

patrick Patrick Russo

As can be seen in figure D, studies looking at vaccine efficacy against severe disease find that vaccines are still quite effective (still over 90%).

While efficacy against any infection wanes from around 90% to a little over 80%, the protection remains quite strong.

atilla Atilla Tuna Sogut
I am Tuna and I tried to break things again
patrick Patrick Russo
Is it a scared cat? I'm not sure, my cat speak is a little rusty.
atilla Atilla Tuna Sogut
I am Tuna and I like to break things.
atilla Atilla Tuna Sogut
The cat was playing with a Christmas ornament so he's just in awe
alex Alex Damianou
check out this RANDOM graph What is Graph? - Definition, Facts &amp; Example
alex Alex Damianou
if i had a graph on a different post on openaxis, say a chart from the IPCC report, that included the dataset, how could i link it here?
alex Alex Damianou
Is there any way to give a signal or indication that clicking on the main comment would bring me here to subsequent comments in the thread? like a + button or a # that says how many replies can be found if you click on it? or else im just gonna have to blindly click on a comment to see if anyone responded
patrick Patrick Russo
It does say 9 comments, but maybe we need to find a clearer way to present that
patrick Patrick Russo
well... 9 comments is an old number
alex Alex Damianou
any way to have the image centered and or remove the gray space on the right hand side?
andrew Andrew
The feel of this is
andrew Andrew
Something is happening-this is now working. So long as I connect back in.
patrick Patrick Russo
reply to root!
patrick Patrick Russo
reply to root 2